跳到主要內容

[天路歷程] Encountering New Hope 遇見希望 2018.43

Psalms 124:1 (KJV) “If it had not been the LORD who was on our side, now may Israel say”. I was born in a Christian family where I was raised in church and get to know myself inside the church because my father is Anglican Church Evangelist. God has been doing above all my thoughts, strength and my capabilities. When I got chance to join Chang Jung Christian University (長榮大學) on July of 2017 I was excited to know the new country I ever dreamed of, but my happiness ended when I was told that there are no churches in Taiwan, all my church thoughts replaced by temples of Buddhist religion. 

詩篇124:1以色列人要說:「若不是耶和華幫助我們」。我的父親是聖公會的傳教士,我出生在基督徒家庭,在教會長大,在教會裡認識自己。一直以來,神的作為總是超越我的思想及能力。2017七月我有機會進入長榮大學,我很興奮可以認識這個夢想新國度,但在被告知台灣沒有教會的當下,我的雀躍感化為泡影,滿腦子的教會畫面被佛教寺廟取而代之。

I arrived in Taiwan on 14th October 2017 where culture, food, people, place, college, professors, classmates and even spiritual atmosphere was new. When the plane landed in Taoyuan International airport I prayed that God can give me the good church and not just church but the church which worships True Jesus Christ and the living God. After a month I began searching online if I can get any English speaking church in Tainan. I found Tainan Holiness Church’s website but I couldn’t get any English translated version. I clicked somewhere and automatically I joined church’s Line group and every notification which was sent there was in Mandarin. I went further trying to type English messages saying I want to attend the church please any one to talk to me in English? No one replied instead they sent face book church page every Sunday when there is service. I took the line group and showed my Study buddy (Taiwanese student) and he said he knows the church, “I usually go to this church for Japanese service”. He took me to the church and I was surprised to see the very big and powerful church in Taiwan different from what I was told back in my country.

2017年10月14日我抵達台灣,文化、食物、人民、地方、大學、教授、同學、甚至屬靈的氛圍都是新的。當飛機降落在桃園國際機場,我向神禱告,求祂給我一個好教會,一個敬拜耶穌基督、又真又活的上帝的教會。一個月後,我開始在網路上搜尋台南是否有講英文的教會。我找到台南聖教會的網站,但網頁上沒有英文翻譯。我隨意點擊,結果自動被加入教會的Line群組,每一則傳來的訊息通知都是中文。我進一步寄出英文訊息,告知我想去教會的意願,詢問是否有人可以跟我說英文。沒有人回覆訊息給我,但每個禮拜日我都會收到臉書的主日聚會通知。我把Line群組的訊息給我的台灣同學看,他說他知道這間教會,他說:「我通常會來這間教會參加日文崇拜。」他帶我來到這個教會,我好驚訝看到這麼大的教會,這跟我在家鄉聽到的不一樣。

Zechariah 4:6b (NIV)“Not by might nor by power, but by my Spirit,' says the LORD Almighty”. Since the day I knew this church, everyone regardless of language barrier for non-English speakers have been a blessing to me for how wonderful it is when brethren sit together with unit. Psalms 133:1(KJV) “Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity!” This church has introduced to me the concept of love which Jesus Christ commanded us to show for believers and non-believers. The smile of everyone I met not only pastors but also members of the church made me feel to stay and stay and stay in church feeling like it’s my home. Even with nothing to do I just like to stay in the church chatting with people who don’t know me, my background, family, father, tribe and even my believe indeed but we are put together and trust one another for the wonderful love Jesus Christ gave to us. I have been making mistakes but everyone in this church knows that we are still human beings living in this evil world, so they forgive me always. We live happy life and the life as one family through small and big groups meetings and sharing. In this church we pray for one another and comfort each other. Up to now since last year I am feeling happy and committed directly to worship our Living God in English services and Chinese sometimes and surely I feel the God’s presence.

撒迦利亞4:6b「萬軍之耶和華說:不是倚靠勢力,不是倚靠才能,乃是倚靠我的靈方能成事。」從我認識這個教會的那一天起,每一個人都成為我的祝福,即使有不會講英文而造成的語言隔閡。詩篇133:1「看哪,弟兄和睦同居是何等地善,何等地美!」這個教會帶領我認識愛的概念,是耶穌基督教導我們,對信徒和非信徒的愛。我看見每一個人臉上的笑容,不只是牧者還有教會的會友,促使我想要一直留在教會,這裡就像是我家一樣。即使沒有什麼事情要做,我也喜歡待在教會,跟不認識我的人聊天,即使他們不認識我的家庭背景、種族父家、甚至是我的信仰理念,但因為耶穌基督賜予的愛,我們被放在一起,彼此信賴。我犯了很多錯誤,但教會的每個人知道,我們不過是人,活在這邪惡的世界,所以他們還是原諒我。透過大型聚會和小組分享,我們活出快樂一家人的生命。在這個教會,我們彼此代禱,相互安慰。從去年到現在,我覺得很喜樂,在英文聚會還有偶爾的中文聚會,我委身於敬拜我們的真神,我真的感受到神的同在。

I can’t finish to express what I feel in me, may Holy Spirit reveal the rest to you! Thanks God for showing me this wonderful church for your own reason. Thanks everyone in Tainan Holiness Church, Pastor Kao, Holiness English church, Tainan city and Taiwan in general, may God continue using me together with this church to bring more people to Jesus!

我無法停止表達我裡面完全的感覺,願聖靈向你們彰顯其他的部分。感謝主讓我認識這個美好的教會。謝謝每一位台南聖教會的弟兄姊妹,謝謝高牧師,謝謝英文牧區,謝謝台南,謝謝台灣。願神繼續使用我與教會同工,帶領更多人歸主耶穌。

▌英文牧區 English Zone 
文:Nathan Thadeo
翻譯:潘鳳珠






留言

熱門文章

[天路歷程] 毘努伊勒的神蹟 2018.37

[天路歷程] 何謂試探神? 2018.11

[聚焦聖經] 從但以理書看「苦行與禁食」2021.22

[教會消息] 全國菁英牧者——為連結開跑 2017.37

[詩歌創作] 感動集錦-化妝後的祝福 2018.20