跳到主要內容

[天路歷程] Thoughts on English Service One Year Anniversary 2016.13

◎Charlotte Lin (林湘汝)

Before 2014 the English fellowship was led by Taiwanese brothers and sisters. Mainly focus on teaching English and bible reading. Most of the people came because they wanted to learn English and 99 percent of them are Taiwanese. (another 1 percent is Andy haha)

When English fellowship was dissolved at the end of 2014, I felt very disappointed and panicked. We prayed that God will make a way for us and God surely did this amazing job!

Right now English fellowship is totally different from what it was before. We invite pastors from all over the world and the only language we use is English. (Except for Chinese-English translated speaker)

Right now I see people from all over the world coming and worshiping God. The only God. Every week we have new friends. Pastor from Japan, America...brothers and sisters from all over the world! It is a dream come true for me! At this moment I just want to embrace everyone and enjoy every moment I can work and serve God. Dan's family moved to America. Andy and Yoko have had a little boy Austin. Michelle has had a new born baby!Moreover, Dylan and Elaine's Bethany is so adorable. I love everyone of them and I'm appreciated Pastor Kao's vision for this. Before I didn't understand but now I can see. This is for a better adjustment and greater purpose. The vision is that to let people from all over the world to come to Tainan Holiness church to worship God. This is their home!

在2014年之前我們的英語團契是以台灣人學英文為主。帶領查經與活動的也是台灣人。當英語團契在2014年暫停時,我心裡很慌張也很難過,我們向神禱告,而神真的為我們開了一條精彩的道路! 現在的英語小組和之前的英語團契截然不同。每個星期總有不同國籍的牧師前來講道,全程使用的語言皆是英文。會後的公告也都是以英語宣布,讓不懂中文的外籍人士也能參與其中。 每個禮拜我們都會看到人們從世界各國來敬拜讚美我們的神,唯一的神。每個禮拜都有新朋友和牧師遠道而來,從日本、美國、韓國、菲律賓等國。海內外弟兄姊妹齊聚一堂,在主裡合而為一,享受美好團契。現階段我只想擁抱每個弟兄姊妹,享受每個服事神和與神同工的機會。Dan的家人搬去美國、Andy和Yoko的可愛小男孩Austin出生並健康成長、Michelle的小baby,Dylan和Elaine的女孩Bethany是這麼的惹人憐愛。我向這些美好事物獻上感謝,感謝神的保守看顧,也感謝神一路以來的帶領。從前我不明白,但現在我深深感謝高牧師的遠見及異象、及實踐的勇氣,原來背後有美善的旨意在其當中。就是讓這些海內外的弟兄姊妹前來台南聖教會敬拜讚美神!這裏就是他們的家!

◎David (鍾大晟)
英文翻譯/Chris

I firmly believe that God will do His work in this Zone. For His saving grace is for all people. What's different here is the international worship and service. This is His sanctuary. No matter what part of the world you come from, you can come and worship here. As we serve with each other, God leads us in different ways. God will use His vessels to accomplish great things. Through worship God touches us even more extensively and deeply. By chance, God brought me to the English service. He has given me the challenge to serve Him here, I am thankful that the church has given me this opportunity to serve in the English service. I continue to learn with everyone. As I serve, I experience different ways God leads me. As I serve on the worship team, I experience the different ways God touches my heart. I seldom use a microphone. I am quite nervous as I serve on the worship team. I am thankful for the Lord's teaching and leading. He let's us offer up our best as we worship Him. You can boldly share the gospel with international friends. This is something that God wanted me to learn. You can easily share the gospel with international friends. Believe that as you open your mouth, God will do great things. For the gospel is great news, it saves those that believe in the good news.

相信神要興起祂的工作在這個牧區,而且祂的救恩是無國界的,在這裡不同的是:這裡是國際性的敬拜和服事,這裡是聖殿,無論你從世界哪一個角落來都可來到這裡敬拜神。彼此在共同的服事中經驗神不同的帶領,神必要興起祂手中的器皿去成就祂的大事,在敬拜中更深經歷神的觸摸。一個機緣,也給予自己在服事上的挑戰,因此我來到英文堂,感謝教會使我也機會來到英文堂服事,在這裡共同與大家學習,在服事中經歷神不同的帶領,以及在敬拜團的服事,不同的去體驗神的觸摸,我不是很常拿麥克風,但碰上敬拜的服事往往會緊張,但感謝主領及教導,使我們最後在敬拜中將最好的的呈現給神,我來到這裡最突破的是,可以很容易的跟外籍人士傳福音。相信當你一開口,主必要在當中行其妙的事在其中,因福音本是神的大能,要救一切相信的人。

◎Chris
中文翻譯/姜冠群

I am very thankful that I can be part of the English worship team. I have always sang in various choirs growing up, so I am fortunate to be able to carry a tune. There are still many, many things that I still yet need to learn.

I am thankful for Elaine Olding. She is such a gentle and kind worship leader. She was always patient with me. I started out as a singer on stage like Sent from my iPhone

First, I co-led with Elaine and also Vanessa Dou several times. Through countless worship practices, I was slowly learning the ropes of how the English worship service worked. When I was just a singer, all I needed to do was to be on time and learn the three or four worship songs as best as I could. Being a worship leader brought everything including responsibilities up a notch. I had to also choose the English worship songs, prepare prayers and also scriptural verses.

Then on August 13th, 2015, I led my first worship service. Was I nervous, of course I was. Do I still get nervous? I think I still do. To this day, I don't feel adequate in leading worship. Various friends continue to remind me to just do my best in serving God. Deep down, I know I haven't even reached the level that I should be at even as a singer.

One important thing that I did learn and am still learning is to be very prepared in leading worship. On Sunday though, is the time that the Holy Spirit moves and touches people. That is the essence of worship.

 感謝神,我能夠參與在英文敬拜團隊的服事。在我成長以來,我一直都有加入各種合唱團,因此很幸運的我的音準還不錯,不過還有許多事情是我仍需要學習的。

 很感謝歐依蓮,她是一個很溫和又親切的敬拜主領,她總是對我很有耐心,一開始我在敬拜團中擔任歌手與其他弟兄姊妹一起在台上敬拜。這大約是在一年前。幾個月以後,我被邀請擔任敬拜主領。從來沒想過我可以擔任主領,雖然有時在家我會拿起吉他自彈自唱,但是除了我自己與極少數幾位比較親近的朋友以外沒有人知道這些。我詢問依蓮我是不是可以先學習,然後當我覺得我已經準備好時,一陣子以後或許我可以開始主領。

 首先,我與依蓮(Elaine Olding)和達光(Vanessa Dou)共同主領幾次,經過無數次的敬拜練習,我逐漸地學習到如何在英文堂敬拜團服事。當我是敬拜團的歌手時,我只需要準時參與練習並且將那三四首敬拜歌曲熟悉即可。擔任敬拜主領時,職責可就沒有那麼簡單了。我要選出敬拜詩歌,預備禱告以及聖經經節。

 在民國104年8月13日,那是我第一次領英文堂敬拜,我緊張嗎?當然我非常緊張。現在帶敬拜時,仍緊張嗎?我想我還是會。直到今日,我仍覺不配帶領敬拜。許多朋友持續提醒我服事上帝盡心盡力即可。在我內心深處,我知道我仍不夠努力擺上。很重要的是,我的確在這過程中學習到許多,並且仍需要學習為帶領敬拜更多擺上預備。在主日中,是聖靈運行與觸摸人們的時刻,而這就是敬拜的要義。









熱門文章

[天路歷程] 毘努伊勒的神蹟 2018.37

[天路歷程] 何謂試探神? 2018.11

[聚焦聖經] 從但以理書看「苦行與禁食」2021.22

[教會消息] 全國菁英牧者——為連結開跑 2017.37

[詩歌創作] 感動集錦-化妝後的祝福 2018.20